An Odd Question/Execution Scene Inserts: a spin off of a previous post
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  An Odd Question/Execution Scene Inserts: a spin off of a previous post



 
 
Hi all,
A while ago, I posted this question in the Members-Only forum https://themiscollection.com/forum/7/3483 in which I asked if people match up costume-drama scenes and executions in their head. I've had a certain fictional universe on the brain recently, so I've been wondering:
If you were to insert an execution scene into any of the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire works, TV or books, where, who, and what would it be? [Character]->[Scene]->[Method]
This YouTube channel does What-Ifs set in the ASOIAF universe, and there are plenty of ones where Cersei or other characters are executed (https://www.youtube.com/@ThreeEyedTheorist/videos). Appreciate not everyone's cup of tea, but feel free to use for inspiration.

If you aren't really familiar with GOT, here's the original question:
"This is something that I have definitely talked about in the past, but one thing I like to do is take a historical film or series and imagine the characters being executed (pretty much always be beheading) via whatever means are present in that work. Think of it as 'cut and pasting' from one scene to another. I also do it with works that have no execution scenes in them.
What I would like to ask you all is this: what period drama/historical scene would you spice up with an execution, and what other work would you import the 'equipment' from? Bonus points if you use works from the same decade. I'll give some examples:
The Duchess and the guillotine from either Affair of the Necklace (same decade), The Scarlet Pimpernel 1999 (one of the first on-screen depictions I remember) or Pirates of the Caribbean DMTNT (slight Keira Knightly connection).
Amadeus and the guillotine from either Tale of Two Cities 1989 or El Conte.
Stage Beauty and the axe/block from The Lady and the Highwayman
Romeo and Juliet (either 1968 or 2023) and the beheading from either Caravaggio 2007 or Beatrice Cenci 1969."
 
 
For example, lots of costume movies could have a climax in which the bad guys kidnap the damsel and threaten to hang her unless the hero gives himself up or delivers something the baddies are interested in.
 
 
The Lady and the Highwayman
beheading from either Caravaggio 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean
 
 
Also
«La spada di Artemisia» 2016



Forum > Public / General > An Odd Question/Execution Scene Inserts: a spin off of a previous post

 
  Reply
You need to be logged in to reply.



Powered by Chloris [experimental m.b.]