Stocking feet
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Stocking feet

Page:  1 

I was wondering if it was or is a common practice for females to remove or have their shoes removed prior toexecutions andgoin stockingfeet/ I remember the movie I want to live and Susan Haward was told she would have to take off her shoes....has anyone seen where stocking feet are required thanks

Barbara Graham (played by Susan Hayward) was asked to go bare foot as the Gas tends to hang into heavy clothing, leather etc. Missouri used to execute some people in their underwear.

South Africa used to hang in batches, and all the guests were barefooted. It is just a matter of policy.

From my research the only one who was probably in her nylons (and her shoes off) was Barbara Graham (subject of the movie I Want To Live). However, had more women had been sent to the gas chamber a few more may have selected to wear their nylons. This was depicted in several movie, most of which I am still searching for. The one method of execution where this would happen would be the gas chamber as used in the USA (and I do feel will one day make a big come back.) However, you can see an example of your question in the Italian movie (set in the USA) Chiamate 22-22 Tenente Sheridan where Livia Contardi is made to take off her shoes and walks to the gas chamber in her nylons. Here is a link to the scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLTdqmuSpKM

Condemned to the gas chamber have to go to their last party shoeless to avoid small pockets of cyanide to remain trapped inside the shoes and unexpectedly released when recovering their bodies after their gassing. The same goes for the hanged, but in this case to prevent their footwear to collect urine and feces, the executed have to be undressed and hose-washed after their demise and before being downloaded. In certain countries (Malaysia, Singapore, etc.) prisoners usually go barefoot, thus for their appointment with the noose they also go in their bare feet. About the stockings, well, if they are already wearing them, they keep them, otherwise, they go barefoot.

www.rowdiva.com/BBH.html
I got it backwards, Bonnie Brown Heady was executed without underwear, only a light or thin cotton dress for her part in the kidnapping of the Greenlease boy

I read that some girls had been electrocutted with one of their nylons rolled down - to plug an electrode. Very sensual scene...

If you look at Ruth Snyder's execution picture it looks like one leg had something rolled up

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=MTFwmdyA&id=A4E1F56F7BC9C3D07A6D5B637655EEEB1D3C9D92&thid=OIP.MTFwmdyA2NhRudWZufhyhAHaJM&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newyorker.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F04%2F6.-Electrocution-of-Ruth-Snyder-320.jpg&exph=397&expw=320&q=women+electrocuted+execution&simid=608018568104382034&ajaxhist=0&pivotparams=insightsToken%3Dccid_ssisQkG4*mid_95A9F656D09AC3D5F356B5487CD2A5A0F3CF0D1C*simid_608045016485724463*thid_OIP.ssisQkG4WllMS3tZE1!_BZAAAAA&iss=VSI

thanks folks......

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Stocking feet

You need to be logged in to reply.