Separate/tag galleries involving minors?
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Separate/tag galleries involving minors?

Page:  1 

I noticed that several of the galleries here have pictures or illustrations of minors, or adults playing characters who are minors. I'm not necessarily against that, I think that they certainly have a place here, but at the same time, given the nature of the site, I don't think everyone would be comfortable with viewing material like that, and it's not always easy to tell the content from just the title and thumbnail (for example the witch in Paranorman is only eleven years old, but the title and description mention nothing about that and the thumbnail is merely a close-up of her face). The idea that I would personally vouch for is to remove the galleries involving minors from their respective categories and move them into their own category specifically for juvenile inmates. That way people who wish to just browse galleries with adults can view them without running into material they don't agree with, and on the flip side those who are interested in galleries with minors can view those easily, which in turn could serve to further expand upon that type of content (I've seen some images and clips involving juvenile prisoners and execution of children which aren't on the site and some may want to see). Another idea could be to tag galleries involving minors and then have an option in the profile settings to hide them, but I'm not sure how technically feasible or even practical that would be. Could this be something that might be done in the future?

At some point in the past, I already decided to not include any movie scenes that even shows face of a minor.

Somethings that I let pass are scenes where adult actors pretending to be a later teenager in a juvie prison or something.

I thought about Paranorman and I'm actually going to remove movies like that too (animated). If anyone knows any other scenes, just post it here.

I've actually seen several galleries here involving minors. I don't remember all of them but one that sticks out is Shireen's execution from Game of Thrones. The actress was about 15, so while not a child certainly a minor (and portraying a girl that's about 11). I'll let you know if I stumble upon more. While I don't agree that the galleries should be censored, I also completely understand that choice.

Yea the issue has come up before and I've removed quite a bit galleries, like children in crowd of an execution, or those high school "15 Minutes" documentaries on drunk driving. Just let me know if you notice anymore from past.
I may remove the Game of Throne exe scene as it borderlines it.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Separate/tag galleries involving minors?

You need to be logged in to reply.