My Top-10 Complaints with Cinematic Depictions of Femex
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  My Top-10 Complaints with Cinematic Depictions of Femex

Page:  1 

This is a rant, I fully admit, and maybe it is more appropriate to twitter, the home of rants. I posted this previously on another site some years ago but have incorporated other input and added a few since.

My top-10 most persistent complaints with cinematic depictions of femex:

(actually there are more than 10 but who's counting?)

1. Not tying hands for hanging (short or long drop)

2. Not either cutting a woman's hair, or tying it up, or holding it out of the way for beheading

3. Using a block for a sword beheading (C'mon, man, I knew that wouldn't work when I was 7 years old!)

4. Not shaving the scalp for the electric chair

5. Not putting a mask over the face of a lady about to be electrocuted

6. Not strapping to a post or chair for a firing squad execution

7. Bad placement of the head on the chopping block for beheading (mostly so you can still see the woman's face, but why not put the camera angle from the floor?)

8. Leaving the feet in the stirrups for a horse hanging

9. Cheesy, unrealistic, last-minute saves (talk about blue-balls!)

10. Excessive editing - the execution happening in tiny bits as they cut back-and-forth between it and unrelated non-execution scenes or (in documentaries) some idiot talking.

11. Leaving the rope attached to the blade on a guillotine after dropping it (it slows the drop)

12. Not using enough wood to burn a victim (tied eight feet up with enough wood below her to maybe roast a marshmallow).

13. Way too much clothing for a gas chamber execution (that stuff traps gas).

14. Putting a noose around a woman's neck and not tightening it, letting it lie there in a huge loop, thereby making the greatest peril to the victim breaking both ankles when they shoot unimpeded directly to the ground.

15. In the same vein, putting the rope around a woman's long hair without at least pulling it through the noose first - another great way for a head to slip out of the noose after the drop.

And my number one most irritating thing movie-makers do that drives me absolutely insane:

NOT SHOWING THE ACTUAL [bleeping] EXECUTION AFTER A GREAT BUILD-UP!!

Agreed 100%

Sloppy noose round the neck is so terribly irritating.
And showing other scenes or bulshit commentary in an execution is a disaster.

Agree with all of these, beheading and hanging scenes are the most frustrating for me

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > My Top-10 Complaints with Cinematic Depictions of Femex

You need to be logged in to reply.