Good old times
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Good old times

Page:  1 

Hi people! You know, in past times girls cared about beauty absolutely always, even in prisons while being on death row. And they choosed dresses, blouses, skirts, stockings to be hanged or electrocuted in, and lingerie of course too. And reporters always poeticaly described poor women's clothes, even color of stockings. Very exciting! Imagine if they would describe colors and shape of panties, garters, corsets or bras too?

Modern women has lost the grace and dignity that came with volumious dress, frilly petticoats, tight corset, long skirts and satin blouses. They have lost feminity by trying to act like men.
Life or death a women should always maintain her feminity gracefully with gorgeous dresses and multiple petticoats.

Totally agree.
It is a problem before woman to make decision between grace and practice - and the choice must be made in favor of grace of course.

Quote by sks88Modern women has lost the grace and dignity that came with volumious dress, frilly petticoats, tight corset, long skirts and satin blouses. They have lost feminity by trying to act like men.
Life or death a women should always maintain her feminity gracefully with gorgeous dresses and multiple petticoats.

ho yes !!!
I agree too

I was always fascinated with the fact that Velma Barfield had to wear a diaper to her execution.

^^^^ I wonder if others had to wear one too, or If it was just her.

It all depends on where one is being executed. I remember one family that was outraged that a family member had been executed, and when they recovered the body it had a tampon in the Anal cavity. This occured in Florida several years back and the method was the Electric Chair, so one must assume that all people being executed there had a tampon inserted, I think the state just forgot to pull it out when the execution was over. It was a serial killer, so the news were starved for any news about him. John Spenkelink was his name, The last of his 22 appeals* was rejected by the Supreme Court this very day. Ten minutes later, trussed hand and foot with each of his orifices stopped up and two shots of whiskey for the ride, Spenkelink was presented in Old Sparky to the event’s official witnesses.** It had been 15 years since the chair’s last use; prison officials didn’t remember how to operate it — but they managed to pull it off with no more than the electric chair’s average ration of gruesomeness.

Yeah, it might be a state to state issue. I wish I could find out if other female inmates wore one other than Barfield.

It was always sad for me that Ruth Ellis was forced to wear trousers instead of dress, for the same reason, to prevent liquids flow down from her. It was reasonable, yes, but what a sadness for pretty girl to be rejected to wear beautiful dress for last time... :(

They could of given her a diaper to wear, that way she would of been able to wear a dress. But then again this was in the 50's and I don't know if diapers for adults were available back then.

Ruth did wear special canvas underwear when she was hanged.They were part of the execution procedure
brought in after Edith Thompson bled allover the place when she was hanged in 1923.

There was a subject here in which someone said that in museum in England it was said him that Ruth did wear theavy canvas rousers without any skirt or dress, not underwear.(

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Good old times

You need to be logged in to reply.