Random beheading question
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Random beheading question

Page:  1 

In so many beheading scenes you see someone move the condemned woman's hair out of the way of the blade either by putting it up, cutting it off, etc. And yet there's more than a few scenes where no one bothers.

As much as it's a great excuse for some gorgeous updos on the soon-to-be-severed heads, I have to wonder if it really matters? I've heard it said that hair would get in the way of the blade doing its job, but with the force required to sever a head to begin with I don't see that being a problem. Maybe it's just to avoid having to clean up a bunch of severed hair? I'm not sure.

Anyways, curious to see what others think.

I think the real life victims did put up their hair so as not find out if it would impede the blade! They didn’t want to suffer more than they had to, although it didn’t help Mary Stuart who had an inept headsman!

The victims of the Terror all had their hair cut prior to their appointment with a Madame Guillotine as an act of mercy! Possibly the German Fallbeil was sufficiently effective not to have to bother?

The blindfold was merely to reduce the chance of the victim moving at the last moment and spoiling the stroke!

I guess it's because hair helps to grab the head

This is high on my pet peeves of cinematic depictions of decaps. The hair MUST be moved out of the way, no matter how sharp the sword or ax or how powerful the headsman, hair has a way of grabbing the implement and making the decap much more difficult, if not impossible. It only needs to be brought above the nape of the neck - during the Terror there as always enough for the executioner to grasp while showing the head to the crowd.

In the last two cinematic depictions of Sophie Scholl's beheading the hair was shown trapped in the lunnette - TOTALLY unbelievable. The annoying thing is it's so stinking easy to either cut or tie up the hair.

I like the hair to be tied in a tight bun. It keeps the neck exposed for the blade and doesn't diminish her feminity by having the hair cut off.
in reality it doesn't matter. Hairs were tied in a bun probably had more to do with having a decent respectable look than any practical reason. When the hair was cut off, the lady didn't really had a choice.

My fantasy is totally different as I want my hair in a bun and a bow beretta, but I wear a blouse with a large bow at the neck or also with a ruffled jabot and my bow or bow and ruffles are layer over the lunette so when the blade falls, my hair bow and my neck bow and ruffles get cut off with my head and all flutters into the waiting basket with a soft rustle ❤️

Quote by JoannaMarieTVMy fantasy is totally different as I want my hair in a bun and a bow beretta, but I wear a blouse with a large bow at the neck or also with a ruffled jabot and my bow or bow and ruffles are layer over the lunette so when the blade falls, my hair bow and my neck bow and ruffles get cut off with my head and all flutters into the waiting basket with a soft rustle ❤️

It sounds darkly romantic but why spoiling your nice garments? they could fetch a good price at an auction
(I'm talking pure fantasy here)

Quote by Juan
Quote by JoannaMarieTVMy fantasy is totally different as I want my hair in a bun and a bow beretta, but I wear a blouse with a large bow at the neck or also with a ruffled jabot and my bow or bow and ruffles are layer over the lunette so when the blade falls, my hair bow and my neck bow and ruffles get cut off with my head and all flutters into the waiting basket with a soft rustle ❤️

It sounds darkly romantic but why spoiling your nice garments? they could fetch a good price at an auction
(I'm talking pure fantasy here)

Just my fetish, love being guillotined that way, makes me cream in my skirts on the bascule

Oh, such a wonderful detail of execution!!!

Quote by SkirtsOnScaffold

Oh, such a wonderful detail of execution!!!

Thank you, and for the executioners indulgence in my fetish he would receive a special tip before he drops the blade and sends my head, bow and ruffles into the basket

I would have my hair done up in a double french braid.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Random beheading question

You need to be logged in to reply.