The Hidden Rebellion: The Untold Story of The French Revolution
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  The Hidden Rebellion: The Untold Story of The French Revolution

Page:  1 

This is a docu-drama produced by a church organisation.

I cannot find any link to the full film itself online and the DVD cannot be purchased outside the USA, it would appear.

However, there are some very good guillotine scenes present in the film. Here is one:
https://insideewtn.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/chl_0077.jpg

Does anyone have a link to this movie?

The most I can find is at the end of this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLsFQ5ltzvY

Looks like its going to be really difficult to find an actual streaming link.

There are various excerpts on line, all very brief and all very tantalising. The French Revolution is a fascinating period of history.

It would appear that the film is available to stream, but many of these portals are snugly and frustratingly concealed behind pay sites that cannot be accessed in Europe.

The DVD can be ordered on Amazon , but only to customers in the US, which excludes European based purchases, alas.

I would be good if any of our American amigos could possibly get access to a stream and share the fruits of that particular labour!

Send me a link to whatever stream seems most 'reliable' and I'll see what I can do. I'm in the states.

The trailer had me with the black hair. Definitely want to see it when available.

Side note, I find the title slightly misleading: it's about the war of the Vendee. Surprised there aren't more videos of that period of history.

I share your bewilderment at the dearth of movies, or even decent, in depth documentaries, about this savage interlude in the French Revolution.

Back in 1988, there was a film devoted to the Vendee uprising: Chouans!, which featured Sophie Marceux. Alas, she was not involved in any guillotine related scenes, but Charlotte De Turckheim, was. Her guillotine scene is so-so: all too brief, all too unsatisfying, in my opinion.

Yea and it seemed to be from behind I think as well. It make me curious about what was involved in the storyboarding. Fun fact, Chouans is actually based on a Balzac novel if I remember correctly.

I prefer science fiction, but to me Balzac is fascinating.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > The Hidden Rebellion: The Untold Story of The French Revolution

You need to be logged in to reply.