Haxornas Tid
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Haxornas Tid

Page:  1 

Can you tell us where these two come from? Really interested.

Thanks.

I searched in the web and it was probably from the film Agnes describing the last female execution in Iceland (Iceland was ruled by Sweden then)

From Wikipedia:

"The last application of capital punishment in Iceland took place on January 12, 1830, in Vatnsdalshólar in Húnavatnssýsla. The convicts were Agnes Magnúsdóttir, a farmhand, and Friðrik Sigurðsson, a farmer's son from Katadalur. Their crime was the murder of two men on March 14, 1828: Nathan Ketilsson, a farmer of Illugastaðir, and Pétur Jónsson of the "Geitaskarð" farm. They were executed by beheading."

This case was the basis for a 1995 Icelandic film Agnes by Egill Eðvarðsson and novel, Burial Rites by Australian writer Hannah Kent (May 2013)

I remember reading the book and in it two kids were watching (they were members of the family who took care of the condemned until the day of her execution.)

Interesting! looks like Jennifer Lawrence is set to play the killer in Burial Rites.

Thanks for posting Agnes.
So, my earlier assumption is incorrect.
Really interested in knowing from which film those images (Haxornas Tid )were taken from...

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Haxornas Tid

You need to be logged in to reply.