5 women guillotined Vichy regime
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  5 women guillotined Vichy regime

Page:  1 

Under the pro-Nazi Vichy Regime, Marshal Pétain refused to pardon five women due to be guillotined. does anyone have information about these 5 women? name? date of execution? why they were guillotined? One was Marie-Louise Giraud, but who were the other 4?

Source: Wikipedia
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

Must have been abortion (my guess)

There were two women arrested in Vichy, but turned over to the Gestapo, taken to Hamberg and Guillotined. I do not know if these two count. I googled it, Suzanne Masson, and France Bloch Serazon. I don't know if these would count as once they were in the hands of the Gestapo Petain would have no control over what happened to them. I googled women Guillotined in France, and Executions in Vichy, not a lot of information.
Female executions under Nazi Occupation during World War II, under the Vichy government of Philippe Petain.

Five women guillotined during World War II, they were :
On the 8th of January 1941, Elisabeth Ducourneau, (35) was executed at Bordeaux, for the murder of her husband and mother by poisoning in 1937 and 1938.
Georgette Monneron (30) was guillotined at the Petite Roquette women’s prison in Paris on the 6th of February 1942, for the abuse and murder of her daughter. Her husband, Emile, was executed the next day for his part in the crime.
The 8th of June 1943 saw the execution of Germaine Philippe Besse (29) at Saintes for the abuse and murder of her stepson.
Czeslawa Sinska (nee Bilicki) (33) was executed on the 29th of June 1943 at Chalon for the murder of her husband. Her lover helped with the murder but did not get the death penalty.
Marie-Louise Giraud, (39) a laundress, was guillotined at the Petite Roquette women’s prison in Paris on the 30th of July 1943. She had been convicted of having performed 27 illegal abortions in the Cherbourg area between December 1940 and October 1942. One of abortions had tragic consequences, causing the death of a mother on February the 15th 1942.

I had already typed in the information about the two victims of the Gestapo when I found the information, and I copy posted it. I believed I used the query women executed by guillotine in France.

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/guillotine.html

These events are described in my recently published book Tales of Female Executions - available on Amazon

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > 5 women guillotined Vichy regime

You need to be logged in to reply.