Ripper Street Season 4 trailer - Long Susan on the gallows
Forum Home  >  Public : General  >  Ripper Street Season 4 trailer - Long Susan on the gallows

Page:  1 

From the Ripper Street Season 4 trailer:
https://youtu.be/5SdmJ5x85pc

We see Long Susan (MyAnna Buring) in the condemned cell at Newgate Prison, and then on the gallows.
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

Exciting, can't wait!

It premieres on Amazon Prime on Jan. 15th.

Auntie Beeb showing female hanging scenes? there must be snow blizzards in hell.

Top niotch!

Well...the BBC canceled Ripper Street after Season 2. The upcoming season was produced by Amazon, exclusively for Internet streaming.

So much for Auntie ;)

Thank you, I was abotus to send some electric blankets down ;-)

Meanwhile, my sense of what we might see:

A transfer to the condemned cell.
A tearful separation from Susan's young child (which is what delayed her hanging.)
Visitors to the condemned cell.
A fairly lengthy and detailed treatment of the preparations for hanging.
(Not sure how she will be pinioned.)
A possible last-second stay of execution.

And finally: the inevitable rescue by Captain Jackson.

Here's a slight earlier screenshot, in which the hangman is partially visible:
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

Quote by archie871Meanwhile, my sense of what we might see:

A transfer to the condemned cell.
A tearful separation from Susan's young child (which is what delayed her hanging.)
Visitors to the condemned cell.
A fairly lengthy and detailed treatment of the preparations for hanging.
(Not sure how she will be pinioned.)
A possible last-second stay of execution.

And finally: the inevitable rescue by Captain Jackson.
we will hope that you are wrong on the last two

>we will hope that you are wrong on the last two

Indeed. But Long Susan is a central character, and MyAnna Buring the lead actress, so I doubt the writers will hang her in the first episode...

(Perhaps at the end??)

It went out on Amazon Video at midnight, so I waited up especially.
You were wrong on one of the two. But you'll have to guess which one from a viewing

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yfohmqjy7zp4ua

>It went out on Amazon Video at midnight, so I waited up especially.

Thank you. You are, as always, amazing.

>You were wrong on one of the two. But you'll have to guess which one from a viewing

Hmmmm. Perhaps things are not as they are made to seem?

Thanks for the quick clip. No disappointment with this one at all!

Too bad that there were no logenr shots and that she was not pinioned.

Thank you Aristarchus.

Great clip and so soon! Thanks! But the hands...on the other hand the hair was correctly taken up.

For those who are not IN THE KNOW where can you see the clip please ?

xxx asked:
>For those who are not IN THE KNOW where can you see the clip please?

Aristarchus provided a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2yfohmqjy7zp4ua

Next problem: the episode itself (as a whole) does not yet seem to be available on Amazon in the United States, or any of the usual (ahem) informal sources. Anyone have a suggestion?

Wow - that's really hot! I'm a little disappointed by not tying the hands (or legs) but otherwise a flawless clip.

since the hanging is supposde to be fake, do they show anything about them taking her body down. apparently, she ends up, alive, on a boat or something

It’s perhaps a trifle late now for a SPOILER ALERT

But nevertheless - Though Archie correctly predicted the numerous prison visits, unexpectedly one was by the prison doctor. Here it was discussed that he and associates could facilitate an escape, for a reasonable fee of course. When later bribery funds proved problematical, Capt Jackson persuads him to co-operate anyway, principally by ramming a gun barrel down his throat.
The scene immediately following on from the clip shows Jackson driving a cart out of the prison, having taken custody of his wife’s body. Upon arrival at the graveyard he unzips her from the bodybag and proceeds to assist her out of a hanging harness. It resembles a corset with the whalebones replaced by coiled springs (to cushion the drop) all supposedly cobbled together from Victorian ironmongery.
How she will feature for the rest of the series is anyone’s guess.
I’m surprised this hasn’t been made available worldwide. For the moment it would appear AmazonUK is jealously guarding its homegrown asset.

Sorry guys my hard disk crashed
Any chance of another link
I like to have a copy of this hanging

The full episode is now available from the usual (informal) sources.

In the season finale (episode S04E06) Long Susan is recaptured, briefly, and then escapes.

So everyone now knows she survived her hanging.

This raises interesting possibilities for Season 5...

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / General > Ripper Street Season 4 trailer - Long Susan on the gallows

You need to be logged in to reply.