Found a old image WW2 hanging
Forum Home  >  Public : Images  >  Found a old image WW2 hanging

Page:  1  2 

I wonder if they had a slow death by suffocation. If they died kicking, peeing and pooping.

Has anyone found more pictures or video of this? I've found a few articles in polish with pictures of the gallows but not much else

Quote by sks88I wonder if they had a slow death by suffocation. If they died kicking, peeing and pooping.

Having seen thousands of crime scene images of real hangings, as well as reading thousands of autopsy reports, it is safe to assume that yes, at least several of them died kicking, peeing, and pooping. Bladder and bowel evacuation during a hanging (especially one with no drop and no neckbreak) are extremely common, even moreso among females than males. It is very difficult to make out this sort of detail in WWII era hanging photos because of their clothing. In most of these cases, the urine would drip to the ground under the corpse, but that angle is almost never shown in these pictures.

The one exception I can think of is the pole-hanging execution of Herta Kasparova. Because one of the many photos of her execution includes a panned-out view that shoes the ground beneath her, it is very plain to see that urine ran down her bare legs and soaked the ground below when she strangled.
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

Stunning picture of Jenny Barkmann about to swing. Finding new pictures like this as well as the supposed film out there makes me believe we need to continue searching because there are likely high quality negatives out there somewhere. Anyone here speak polish?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENxyQGMWkAEnqui?format=jpg&name=large

more but in french
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny-Wanda_Barkmann

Anyone here speak polish or russian?

Quote by SkirtsOnScaffoldI speak russian

Are you able to search the Russian web for more this subject?

I am convinced that high quality copies of some of more these exist , perhaps some old soviet archive had some?

Many of these are fantastic quality, but we can see some appear to be photos of printed pictures and high contrast copies. Every time I revisit this topic there seems to be a new photo.

I have seen comments a long time ago referring to video footage. Perhaps a m seam archive or library would have this?

Page:  1  2 
Forum > Public / Images > Found a old image WW2 hanging

You need to be logged in to reply.