Wonderful picture of princess de Lamballe
Forum Home  >  Public : Images  >  Wonderful picture of princess de Lamballe

Page:  1 

Just wonderful picture (it is a fragment) of beheaded princess de Lamballe. Beautiful looking dressed body!
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

I love elegantly dressed but headless bodies. In many of my fantasy I imagine, her still well dressed but headless body is hanged in an iron cage and her severed head on a spike over the walls or the city gate, both in full public display.

So what's the story behind princess de Lamballe?

She was not executed on a guillotine but was attacked by a mob outside the makeshift court where she was condemned for being a friend of the queen. The was first hit on the head with a club that either killed her instantly or rendered her unconscious and then her body was stripped of all its clothes and her head cut off followed by a partial dismembering where several of her body parts were either placed on pikes or literally worn by members of the mob who dragged her torso and carried her head on a pike to the fortress where the queen was imprisoned. There her head was lifted to a small window so that the queen could see what happened to her friend. This was all documented in an account written for an English newspaper by a British witness.

Oh, alright, I recall reading about her. Thanks.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / Images > Wonderful picture of princess de Lamballe

You need to be logged in to reply.