Breathless
Forum Home  >  Public : Images  >  Breathless

Page:  1 

Everything went wrong: amateurs don't have a chance against the experienced security services in that country. Amanda and her local contact were almost immediately arrested and the cyanide pill that should allow her a relatively painless exit, failed miserably. Therefore, she was brutally tortured and eventually confessed working for a foreign secret service. Sentenced to death on the garrote, she wasn't exchanged for other prisoners either, her value as a novel spy was very low, and one dawn barely two weeks after her much publicized trial, the 42-year old social worker and her 57-year-old driver and accomplice were taken to the prison execution chamber and slowly garroted in front of several officials and the prison official photographer.
You need to be logged in to view attachments.

At precisely 6:07 am a shudder of panic hits the members of the prison execution staff. An urgent call from the Interior Ministry orders to immediately stop the execution of the condemned; last moment evidence proves their total innocence. But it is already too late. Claudia and Frank McMurthy, two Australian nationals charged with drug trafficking and sentenced to the mandatory death penalty, already dangle at the end of their hemp ropes, having jerked and kicked in sheer agony for seven full minutes and now, despite some final shivers and twiching of their toes, they are most certainly dead. Fortunately for the shocked people present in the execution room, the already bloated and tongue-out faces of the unhappy and innocent
foreigners are mercifully hid by their hoods, but large stains of urine and faeces begin to soak their coarse white cotton prison uniforms,
Claudia (27) and Frank (31) had been visiting the country in a sort of second honeymoon and were arrested upon leaving the country when the customs inspectors found 1kg of heroin hid in their luggage. Although both of them alleged total ignorance of the origin of the drug, they were sentenced to hang and executed before the investigators eventually found the real perpetrators.

At least she doesn't have to have her breasts exposed...

Wonderful. Please keep these stories going

Quote by ConvictedwomanAt least she doesn't have to have her breasts exposed...

Indeed. She went to the scaffold quite happy after being told precisely that-

The executioner wasn't happy at all for having to execute a woman, but he was paid to do it and reluctantly turned the screw of the garrote to kill her as he was ordered to. Everybody in the prison yard was able to see that his hands were shaking when, upon accomplishing his macabre task, he proceeded to remove the hood that had mercifully hid the face of the unhappy condemned during the whole process. And then, when he saw the face of the woman, horribly distorted by the slow strangulation, he couldn't stand it anymore and began sobbing like a child. He had caused that!

Let's go woman, you have to sit on the bench, there is no other option! The executioner will try to do it as fast as he can, promise, you won't suffer too much.

It must have been exciting for the executioner's assistant to touch her soft warm trembling bare shoulder seconds before her garotting started.

Like any other felons, the trio didn't consider the possibility of being caught. They were, and looked like three wealthy foreigners visiting the country's beaches. As foreigners like them seldom were challenged at the airport's customs, they were confident, then the last moment's inspection of their luggage and immediate arrest as traffickers arrived as an utter surprise. Then it came the trial and the sentences: they would be hanged, like hundreds of mules and dealers foreign and local were in the last few years, with the very same nooses. Even then, they trusted their country's diplomatic skills and leverage. Three white condemned, a young woman included, couldn't suffer the same fate as plain criminals, they couldn't. Then one morning at dawn, the three of them were taken from their death row cells, clad just in their humble white coarse cotton prison uniforms and barefoot, hands and ankles shackled, and dragged to the execution room, were they were mercilessly hanged, one by one and employing the feared standard drop, which ensures a slow and painful agony by strangulation, a brutal death reserved almost exclusively to the select gang of drug traffickers and dealers.

The sudden increase in nationalist terrorism led to the reinstauration of the death penalty in Spain. Frightened, the population demanded the return of the infamous garrote for the offenders. One of the firsts victims of the macabre device was Lucia Arreche, member of the new independist basque movement ZETA. Found guilty of the murder of a policeman, she was sentenced to be strangled with the garrote. Her execution was carried out in presence of about twenry people, among prison staff, from the judiciary and relatives and colleagues of the deceased. Terrified by the fate that awaited her, Lucia asked the prison chaplain if dieing on the garrote was painful and the priest, trying to apease her, told her that it was a swift and merciful death. He lied, of course, as the unfortunate young woman found as, bound half naked on the garrote as an extra punishment, found out. The sinister iron collar waorked as a mechanic's bench vice and crushed her throat mercilessly. She suffered a horrible agony during several minutes and her body was left bound to the pole during two hours to allow more people to see it.

I love them

This truly superb work. better and better every time

You are so kind that I can't but post another one, just out of the oven, a condemned woman taken to hang somewhere. As a trivia, everything but the woman is real: the guards leading a condemned to the execution ground and the legs of the hangee at left (see his toes still twitching), during his actual execution Iran

This is at the same time a homage to Goya's famous etching "El agarrotado" (The garroted man) and an update to that sinister method of execution know as garrote, or "garrote vil", but employed in more modern days.

An image of an unfortunate young woman sentenced to hang for drug trafficking in an African country. Despite what she gave for granted, to be foreigner and white didn't help her in any way, law was the same for everybody.

What will probably go through the young woman's mind at the sight of it?

It is time...the guards enter my cell and after cuffing my hands in the back, push me through the door and along the somber corridor that leads to the execution room, where I am due to be executed by strangulation, as ordered by the judge. When I enter the room dragging my shackled bare feet,I get a nasty surprise: just a few steps in front of me, a woman in fetters bound to the pole is being garroted by the executioner. Despite the hood that hids her face, I recognize the convulsing body scantly dressed with the humble prison gown: My beloved Laura hasn't been spared the death penalty, as my wicked interrogators had lured me to believe it would be in exchange for my comprehensive confession and she had also been sentenced to be executed with infamous garrote and agonizes before my eyes!

Thanks for your works, Pavel, great pictures & short stories
!

Tx, my pleasure!

Wonderful as always Pavel. I noticed a a distinct lack of your work on DA all of a sudden, and located your September post today. Please keep posting here, more than a few of us love your work.

As you probably have read in my last post in DA, I have decided to quit it for good, I had noticed an increasing activity of some kind of (religious?) fundamentalism and I've got tired of that all. So I just deleted my work there and stopped being actively involved in the forums. I just posted another couple of images here but TC isn't heaven either, not many people seem to be interested in my work whatsoever. But thanks all the same for your words of appreciation.

Just a palimpsest o one of my images posted here, the last moments of a woman sentenced to be garroted merely instants before the executioner starta "working" on her neck...

Wellcome back in action, Pavel.

Tx, though I am afraid that the young lady bound to that rather uncomfortable seat and collared wouldn't agree with you...

Quote by PavelTx, though I am afraid that the young lady bound to that rather uncomfortable seat and collared wouldn't agree with you...
Regardless of the feelings of this young lady, we are happy and glad to see your paintings. Many thanks.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / Images > Breathless

You need to be logged in to reply.